Thursday, June 9, 2011

37 Weeks, 3 Days & Counting!

Well, Dannon and I just returned home from my weekly OB check up. He's gotten pretty good about sitting in his stroller (munching on something yummy and looking through the pictures on my phone) while I lay with my gigantic belly exposed to be measured, poked, prodded and listened to. Its adorable how he perks up when he hears his baby brother's heartbeat, and then generally lifts up his shirt and says "Baby".

We're broke until payday tomorrow. This is one of those unfortunate side effects that happen when half of my "income" aka Child Support has ceased to exist. Dannon and I splurged on lunch today. He is not so interested though in his 49 cent bean & cheese burrito as I was in my two 59 cent hard shell tacos. I could probably eat two more. Or maybe four more... but alas there isn't enough change in my center console for more tacos and I'd be afraid of running out of gas in the drive through. Its that bad. But in all reality... it isn't that bad! Its a matter of how you choose to look at your situation. Our rent and utilities are paid, we're current on our cell phone bill, I haven't missed a car insurance payment, I'm focusing on paying off the balance left on my Chevron credit card, only 30ish days behind on the car payment and I haven't robbed my savings account.

We know what things we need to change to be more financially responsible and we are going to sit down and develop a budget/plan so we are telling our money where to go instead of wondering where it went. I am going to do some more serious meal planning and grocery shopping purposefully instead of wandering and adding misc items to the cart. I am excited to step up my couponing game as soon as I have some energy back... and I'm not out shopping nearly as frequently as I once was, I just get tired too easily while its hot out, I have Dannon to juggle and a baby due in a matter of days/weeks.

We are thinking this is the last paycheck of Bob's that we will be able to have some "blow money" out of before his wage withholding for child support and alimony *coughbullshitcough* start. Our plan is to go out to a nice dinner tomorrow night at Kobe Steakhouse, a tempanyaki place where they cook on the grill in front of you. We want to celebrate Ashlyn's last day of 2nd grade... and I have been craving a meal there for months! We're also considering investing in some basic camping equipment. The beauty of going camping is its basically a big up front cost, and then all you need to come up with is gas money, $10-20 for a campsite each night and food. There is so much around us to explore and we want to be able to take advantage of that!
(I'm just not so sure about camping in the Redwoods... thats where Bigfoot lives if you weren't aware....)

I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight, a productive day tomorrow, a celebration tomorrow night and then a busy weekend between Ashlyn going to a birthday party, possibly checking out Dunsmuir's Railroad Days, a bbq get together at our house with some new friends on Sunday and some other general clean up/get ready for baby things that still need to be done. And of course, must make time for napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment