Friday, March 8, 2013

Motivation (and a plan!)

Bob applied for a new position within his company last week.  I am so proud of him for having the desire to challenge himself, work towards promotions and continue to support our family.  I don't know what his chances are for getting this position, but what I DO know is that if it is offered to him we will be moving.  I am thrilled about the idea of living in the Southern Washington/Portland area again, but when I look around our house I'm not so thrilled with the idea of the actual moving process.  Last night I decided that I need to go through our home, room by room, and purge as if we are getting ready to move.  If he gets the position then I'm one step ahead on the process, and if he doesn't get the position then our house is neater, cleaner and more organized.

--On a side note:  I saw a banner for the Watershed Festival on Facebook this morning.  Toby Keith, Brad Paisley and TONS more country artists that I would love to see.  Tickets go on sale on Friday, March 15th.  A successful yard sale would totally offset some of the cost of tickets!  First order of business is to see if my parents would be willing to watch the kiddos and give Bob and I an amazing weekend away.  Hmm...

Anyway, back to the scheduled programing.  Purging.  I wrote out a list of each area in our house and came up with:

Bathrooms
Master Bedroom
Master Closet
Boys Room
Hall Closets
Ashlyn's Room
Living Room/Toy Area/Entry
Kitchen
Laundry Room
Garage
Backyard

11 areas total, some will require more time than others.  My plan is to give myself two weeks, starting today, and focus on one area at a time.  Two weeks will give me a cushion so that if I'm not able to work on an area one day, or if something takes more than one day (garage) I can devote more time.  I will go through each area and determine what we are keeping and what needs to go.  The "GO" items will be further divided into categories - yard sale/consignment, free or trash.  Whatever doesn't sell from the yard sale/consignment category will be donated.  Once I have committed to getting something out of the house I will make sure it goes, one way or another.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment