Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Pit of Despair.. Oh wait, that's our Bedroom...

In the spirit of keeping it real, I will divulge one (just one for today, but don't worry, there are many!) of my problem areas--that room that no one ever ventures into, and thanks to child proof door locks, is always hidden behind a closed door -- our bedroom.  

I love the thought of a calm, organized, clutter free area.  A place to rejuvenate.  A place to sleep (do you hear that Baby Sam?  SLEEP) and a clear desk area where I can set up space and encourage  myself to be a successful student.  

This room is none of those things.  It has become a room of dumping and hiding.  All the piles that collect downstairs eventually move upstairs.  This room is the first that I am choosing to tackle for my own sanity, for a place to study and baby-willing a place to feel more rested and ready for each day.  

Here are a few "before" pics that I snapped this afternoon.  Yikes! I know!   I apologize in advance if any undies made it into the shot, I'm telling you -- keeping it real!



The first task I assigned myself was to empty the crib and change the sheet.  Time for Sammy to transition to the crib.  For real.  I was obviously joking when I said that a few months ago... Wish us luck with the transition and stay tuned for an account of my success with taming the stuff.  Too.  Much.  Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment