Monday, July 13, 2015

5 Things: The Productive Weekend Edition!

One of my favorite bloggers, Money Saving Mom, has been doing regular posts of "5 Things" that I've really enjoyed.  Its a little peek into her day/her family/her life and I love and appreciate that she keeps it real!

I thought I'd do my own 5 Things today and reflect on our productive weekend!

  • We left Big Sis home with all of the boys and hit up Home Depot for some storage bins.  It is so nice that she is old enough, and responsible enough, to watch her brothers for short amounts of time.  The quick errands together don't really qualify as date status, but its still nice to do things together without kids.  I {still} love spending time with Bob.  I'm pretty sure that means we're on the right track with this relationship/marriage thing!  
  • After obtaining bins, we spent a few hours on Saturday working on getting the garage a little more organized.  I wish I had before and after pictures to share!  We had quite a big pile of stuff destined for the dumpster at Bob's work and separated consignment items from moving sale items.  The moving sale pile is pretty unruly and will need a lot of attention before our eventual sale dates (yet to be determined.) 
  •  Saturday's dinner was supposed to be London Broil on the grill, but our meat spent a few too many days in the fridge waiting to be cooked and just didn't look appetizing/safe any more.  I hate wasting groceries, especially meat!  Instead of beating myself up over the beef gone bad, we rewarded our efforts with Godfather's Pizza.  We really should be pinching the pennies, but sometimes its better to take the easy way out for the sake of our sanity.
  • On Sunday I spent some more time in the garage entering the consignment items into the consignment sale system.  (Did I mention that I've already signed up for the Just Between Friends fall sale in Puyallup?)  I'm not moving stuff to sell unless its partially prepped and committed.  I've got nearly $500 worth entered already and one more bin on the To Do List for today!
  • We were also able to get about 3/4 of the decor items and stuff off the walls packed on Sunday.  It is looking pretty bare in here  (well... if you're looking at the walls, that is.)
  • **Bonus Thing** As I was going through a laundry basket of stuff that was "cleaned" off the kitchen counter at some point and put in the garage out of sight, I found a birthday card from my grandparents with a $50 bill!  It was a pretty exciting discovery!  We treated ourselves to a fresh cut of London Broil for dinner and blizzards for everyone at DQ.
The goal for this week will be to continue the productivity, deliver Ashlyn to her dad for a grand adventure on Thursday night, and hopefully make it up to Washington over the weekend for a house hunting/area scoping trip, but first... A shower.  Because I don't remember the last time I had one.  Just keepin' it real, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment