Friday, April 8, 2011

30 Days of Me - Day 10

Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

As you can tell... its been a few days since I've posted. Mostly due to the fact that I saw the "assignment" for Day 10 and have been avoiding it :)
Music has and continues to play a big part in me. Sometimes more, sometimes less. At this point in my life though, I wouldn't say that there are specific songs that I will listen to depending on my moods, at least not nearly as much as it might have once been.

I'm a country music girl for the most part, and with that on the radio I can find songs that will speak to whatever I'm feeling that day, or that moment. One that I'm really liking these days (you know, the ones you turn up and belt out loud in the comfort of your own car) is a new one by Joe Nichols called The Shape I'm In.. now I'm pretty sure the song is much more about getting through the dark times after the end of a relationship, and thats not so much what speaks to me... it just makes me feel encouraged, each day is a new day and no matter what it brings, I'm Doing Alright. Here are the lyrics:

I’ve got a number on a napkin, a poundin in my head
Takes everything I’ve got to crawl out of bed
I lost a hell of a woman, freedom caught me on the chin
But I’m doin alright for the shape I’m in.

The sun came up again this morning.
I got a call from a long lost friend.
Planned us a little road trip down to New Orleans.
It ain’t much but it beats where I’ve been.

Yea I’m doin alright,
I’m doin alright,
I’m doin alright for the shape I’m in.

Well I’m gettin better at barely gettin by
When I look at her picture I don’t break down and cry.
And all this time on my hands it’s gettin easier to spend
Cause I’m doin alright for the shape I’m in.

The sun came up again this morning,
I took my old fastback for a spin.
Now when it rains it ain’t always pouring
and I’m learning how to live again

Yea I’m doin alright,
I’m doin alright,
I’m doin alright for the shape I’m in.

Yea I’m doin alright,
yes I’m doin alright,
yea I’m doin alright for the shape I’m in.

Yes I’m doin alright,
yea I’m doin alright,
yea I’m doin alright for the shape I’m in.

Maybe one day if I join the ranks of iPod owners I'll have more songs that I listen to based on moods and feelings. Right now I'll take what I can get on the radio and find a way to make it work for my purpose :)


Now... off to get ready for an OB appointment (dragging The Boy along with me today, and then heading in to Redding to meet up with Bob for lunch and some possible shopping) Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment