Thursday, January 20, 2011

Desperate Times

Desperate times call for desperate measures... or so they say (still not sure who "they" are.)

Today I faxed in paperwork to get my plan administrator's signature on my request to withdraw the funds from my 401k. Its not going to be much, I only paid into it for the last year or two I was working at Highline, but thankfully what I had lost with the bad market has recovered and after they tax the hell out of it I'm hoping to have enough to get caught up on my past due car payment so that some nice person doesn't come knocking on my door and asking for my car keys. In addition to getting my car payment current, I will try to pay off the small balance on my Kohls credit card. We've got a lot going on right now financially... we need to come up with the money to cover the filing fee for Bob's counter-petition pertaining to his divorce and find a way to get him to Pennsylvania to visit his mother who was hospitalized over this past weekend and is currently in a coma. He seems to think that his presence could have an affect on his mother, the question is whether it will be good or bad :) I'm sure she'll wake right up and yell at him for something, it will be good for him to do his duties as the only son... 45 years old and still making trouble for his mother. Hmm, maybe I should change my thoughts on wanting to have another boy with this man!

I hate that I've let my finances get to this point, but thats what I get for not working since moving to Florida on the dreams of a young(er) newlywed and the demands of the United States Navy.

On a good note, I spoke with an advisor from Kaplan University today about registering in one of their Associates degree programs in Health Sciences. Its about time I finish my degree, and I've made promises to myself and others that I will finish and not give up!

We need to continue to remind each other that these struggles we're going through now are temporary, its a matter of getting through these challenges and standing strong to face the next set of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment