Saturday, January 8, 2011

New goal, "Semi-Lightbulb Moment here"

Ever since I've had a bank account with Bank of America I've been enrolled in the save the change program (or whatever its officially called.) Generally the cents add up in my savings account, then I notice how low my checking account balance has gotten and I transfer the available savings into the checking and the cycle continues...
Now I realize the purpose of a savings account is to SAVE for something, and I am finally going to use it for its purpose and do my best to refrain from using it as "bail-out" money!
Back in the summer of 2009, when Bob and I left Florida and drove across the country together, we stopped for one night in New Orleans. It was during that brief stay that I decided we were going to go back for my 30th birthday, giving us plenty of time to save up for the trip, plan for a babysitter and dream of the fun we will have!
We're going to set up a New Orleans savings account, with a small amount of Bob's check being direct deposited each pay period (he doesn't know this yet, but I'm sure he will be on board, lol) This dream/goal will be fully paid for in cash, and I'm very excited to start working on our first major cash savings goal.
Anyway... this is the long story behind the "aha moment!" I had this morning. I'm gonna save up those pennies, watch them grow and continue to dream of the trip we'll get to take in 2 years! Hopefully putting a purpose to the pennies will encourage positive change (pun completely intended, ha!) in my spending/saving behaviors.

Oh, and with all this talk of New Orleans I've got to throw in a "GO SEAHAWKS" for good measure as the Hawks & Saints are facing off today in the NFC Wild Card game today.... now to go put on some Seahawks gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment