Saturday, January 8, 2011

RELIEF!

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

If you can't tell, thats my gigantic sigh of relief.

There are times that I seem to forget that I'm a nearly 28 year old grown woman, an adult if you will. The last few months have been one of those times.

I don't particularly like keeping secrets, i've played that game before and its been detrimental to myself and those around me. I have been holding a secret close for 15 weeks now, not a bad secret, but a secret nonetheless. And now its FREE!!

This evening I got up the courage to tell my parents that Bob and I are expecting a baby. The path I have taken in my life has been less than ideal, I tend to find the hardest road possible and then plow full speed ahead. This is baby number three for me, and number six for him. Each of my three children will have different fathers and there are times that I'm ashamed of that fact. But the way I feel and believe is that each life is a blessing and we have definitely been blessed!

Preparing to tell my parents this evening made me feel like I was 19 again and telling them that I was pregnant with Ashlyn, my soon to be 8 year old daughter. I feel though, that my prayers were answered yet again when my mom congratulated us and sounded truly happy for me. Concerned of course, but happy. Such. A. Relief!

So, the news is out... it has yet to be announced on my facebook page, but I'm sure thats coming soon too now. In roughly six months, due on July 1st our anticipated blessing will join our family. We can't wait to meet him or her (and we're NOT going to find out the sex... we're going for the ultimate surprise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment