Saturday, August 6, 2011

Garage Sale Saturday

Here I sit in our garage. Sweaty before the heat of the day has even really set in. Hosting a garage sale.

Garage Sales and I have a love/hate relationship! I love going to garage sales, I love cleaning out and getting rid of unnecessary things and making a few extra bucks, BUT... I hate the thought of actually having a garage sale. And I've discovered today that it was really the thought of doing this that I hated more than actually doing it. Granted, I've only been "open" for business for 1 hour and 20 minutes, but its been a success this far!

.... we return to this blog post after breaking for breastfeeding (inside, lol)

Anyway, to resume where I was at, this morning I prayed and asked God to bless this sale. I need to spend more time being thankful for our many blessings, and work on improving the relationship I have with God. I want to be able to pass our blessings on, and I feel like today I am getting a chance to do that by having very low asking prices and accepting decent offers! In the first 30 minutes I sold almost all of the clothes that Ashlyn has outgrown for 25 cents each. I'm not making the big bucks off a single item, but I hope that there will be some happy little girls going back to school with new to them clothes that they love!

One girl picked up a textbook that I had layed out with the other 25 cent books... and then asked if I had wifi so she could check to see if it was the one she needed for her class that starts in the fall. I offered up the use of my laptop and let me tell you how excited she was to see that its the book that she needs (that costs over $120 new she said) I had the 10th edition, she needs the 11th edition. I told her to ask her instructor if the 10th edition would work. More than likely the only difference may be the page numbering... if she can use that book, 25 cents was a blessing!

I have a few things that if they don't sell today I will post on craigslist or ebay, but for other items I am hoping to make a donation to the local women's shelter and the one nice backpack we have out in the sale I'll fill with school supply freebies and donate to one of the schools. I am thankful that I can share our blessings (and still make a few extra bucks!)

I'm hoping to pay for the oil to be changed in the Trailblazer before we head up to WA later this week, maybe buy a few more cloth diapers/supplies for my trial run with Little E and have some pocket money for our trip to the ocean! Every little bit helps, and I feel good when I can contribute to our family financially.

No comments:

Post a Comment