Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Now thats better....

I have a great boyfriend. He is so good about understanding that I need to get out of the house (and that I usually prefer to do that without dragging any kids along with me!) Recently it has seemed that I will run out to the grocery store or CVS when he gets home from work to pick up a few things on my list, or something we need for dinner. But other than that, we haven't been out and about too much lately. There are benefits to that--mainly saving money on gas and all those other things we spend money on when we leave the house, but I think there are cons to staying home all the time too--I start getting a little stir crazy, grumpy and irritable.

Last night when he got home from work I told him I wanted all of us to go out. He didn't seem to thrilled, but was willing to go along with what I was asking. I know when he gets home from working all day that he wants to relax. Its a hard balance for us, because when he gets home I'm ready to DO something because I have been home all day. Last night we drove down to Corning and had burgers, fries and a shake at the Giant Burger DriveIn and then took Dannon & Eli to check out the Woodson Bridge park. It is so shady and nice there! Dannon played for a bit on the playground and then we wandered down to the river where he threw rocks for a good half an hour or more. Then we loaded back into the car and drove across the road to drive through the campground area and check that out for a possible future camping trip. All in all we were gone no more than 2-2.5 hours but it was so nice! We were able to talk and smile, enjoy the boys, cool off a bit and it left me feeling rejuvenated!

Bob bathed Dannon when we got home, and after his bath Dannon crawled into bed on his own without any of the usual night time issues. Elijah wasn't quite so easy, but we were able to watch Hells Kitchen & Hoarders while we fed and held Eli and then got us all to bed around 11pm. The best news of all was even though poor Bob had to get up at 430 and head to the coast for a 9am appointment this morning, Elijah slept until nearly 7am!! I was a little engorged and feeling full when I woke up, but the mostly uninterrupted sleep was worth any slight discomfort. I feel good this morning and I know its a combination of getting out with my family last night for a change of pace and a full night's sleep. YAY!

I think we need to implement a weekly family outing. Something we can do without breaking the bank, but necessary for everyone's happiness (ahem, sanity!)

No comments:

Post a Comment