Wednesday, November 7, 2012

21 Days - Day 6 Recap

Another weird day.

The old ways are creeping up.  The feelings of failing in one specific area, and then carrying over into that poor mentality of "if I already screwed up in this one area, then I might as well stop trying".  I don't want to give in to that.  The point of this challenge is to grow past that.

I am needing to start over on my goals today (Day 7) and focus.  When my time is up, its up.  End of story.  I was looking online last night for election coverage, and then spending extra time on facebook reading people's reactions.. all of that was over my time limit.  I justified it to myself because it was election night, and because we currently have a listing on our local buy/sell facebook group and on craigslist... There are always ways to "justify" your bad choices, I don't want to do that, I just want to make these changes and stick with them!

Anyway this is what was heavy on my heart last night in light of the election results and I wanted to share my thoughts/feelings here as well.  This is what I wrote on my facebook page this morning.

I was considering the divide in our country, and it nearly brings tears to my eyes to remember the feeling of unity and standing strong together post 9-11. It shouldn't take an extreme act of terrorism to unite our nation, we should be working towards that with every decision, every election, in every political offi
ce and school. We need to raise our children to be proud patriots, to have strong values, morals and work ethics. We should respect the elected officials in positions of authority whether we voted for them or not. I might not agree with the individual, but I respect the office. The way our country is divided and the flawed system we have for elections makes me sad, not specifically the outcome of the presidential race.
 
Looks like its back to our regular scheduled programming kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment